This position is responsible for supporting a variety of Asset Protection initiatives which include overseeing all aspects of Loss Prevention by providing critical guidance to the Sales and Operations Team on asset protection and profit improvement initiatives. This position is also responsible for supporting a variety of safety initiatives which includes researching safety incidents, reporting safety performance, emergency response planning, providing field/in-market focus of safety initiatives, addressing safety risks within the field, and partnering with field teams regarding incident follow-up (to include workers compensation / general liability / and environmental incident response).
1. Conduct periodic on-site Loss Prevention audits as well as Virtual Visits
2. Review monthly reports to identify trends and assist the Sales and operations team in reducing shrink by providing useful insights.
3. Follow up and provide guidance on Asset Protection cases and act as the liaison between Law Enforcement and Sales and operations.
4. Foster relationships and collaborate with District Leaders on identifying and resolving Asset Protection and Inventory Management related issues.
5. Provide support to overall organization and store operations to improve conditions and/or behaviors that affect the safety of employees, business partners, and customers. This would include visits to identified stores, markets, and areas identified as ‘high risk’ from a safety standpoint.
6. Provide expertise in managing injuries and incidents that enhance frontline management's efforts. This includes a post-mortem review to provide appropriate feedback to field personnel.
7. Conduct incident reviews and capture data (video) as necessary to document events as required to provide case management support. This position will oversee the overall video repository system for both loss prevention, safety incidents, and potentially insurance claims (workers compensation and general liability) as needed.
8. Identify and pursue opportunities for improvements in equipment, processes, procedures, training, and work practices to enhance performance based on a review of incidents.
9. Provide subject matter expertise and experience through field visits, safety audit execution, leading safety-focused field meetings, and focusing within ‘at risk’ markets as identified.
10. Support other AP and Company initiatives as assigned.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as safety, Asset Protection, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 5 years of related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. The position will require a high degree of technical interface with CCTV and data reporting systems as an end user.
SOFTWARE SKILLS *REQUIRED*
Intermediate: MSFT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint/ability to learn other role-specific database systems and CCTV system applications.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the public, and other employees of the organization. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common safety/loss prevention practices and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community with a degree of granularity, clarity, and detail.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers and interpret statistical information related to incident rates, trends, etc.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical and somewhat complex problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats. Ability to communicate said information to internal and external customers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Preferred, Not Required)
- Any additional OHSA training related to general industry standards
- Any additional safety/loss prevention related certifications related to integrity interviewing/accident investigation / etc.
- CFI, Certified Forensic Interviewer
- OSHA 511
-3-5 years’ experience in safety, loss prevention and/or emergency response for retail or similar industries.
- This position is field based, with 1 to 2 days in-office.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY
Under general supervision where standard practice enables the employee to proceed alone on routine work, referring all questionable cases to the supervisor.
Considerable responsibility regarding general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; may also occasionally assist in the planning of work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation. Plan and strategize market focus and accompanying visits with stores and field management as required.
Performs work operations that permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor/mid/advanced importance, and which would not only affect the operating efficiency of the individual involved but would also affect the work operations of other employees and/or customers to a high degree. Excellent judgment regarding cause-and-effect issues that may result in company litigation.
Close mental demand. Operations requiring close and continuous attention for control of operations. Operations requiring intermittent direct thinking to determine or select the most applicable way of handling situations regarding the organization's administration and operations. Decisions made may have long reaching impact based on incident type.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately directed. Activities covered by wide-ranging policies and courses of action, and generally directed as to execution and review. High order of analytical, interpretative, and/or constructive thinking in varied situations.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Ordinarily has little, if any, association with funds, supplies, equipment or other property where there would exist any appreciable opportunity for damage, misappropriation, or other monetary loss. However, decisions made within role and specific incidents may impact costs downstream.