The Real Estate Development Manager will provide technical support to the Real Estate Department in its goal to grow the corporation through the development of new and expanded stores.
- Provide technical support to all regional Real Estate Managers in the evaluation of new sites
- Promote and enforce all QuickChek design standards
- Coordinate the work of outside consultants
- Review all consultant proposals and invoices
- Coordinate all due diligence work
- Schedule and facilitate Due Diligence Kick-off Conference Calls and 75 Day Conference Calls.
- Facilitate Interim Findings Conference Calls when warranted
- Review all due diligence findings from outside consultants including geotechnical, environmental, and traffic
- Maintain project schedules and evaluate critical paths using MS Project
- Identify, document, and where applicable, manage site development costs so that all development cost projections are accurate and consistent with budgets
- Assist Real Estate Managers in preparing development cost budgets
- Provide technical support to Legal on property contracts and finance closings
- Coordinate preparation of legal documents such as easement exhibits and construction work letters.
- General coordination of work between the Real Estate and Construction Departments.
- Visit all prospective sites
- Schedule and participate in site rides with the Director of Store Engineering to verify findings of Site Investigation Reports.
- Review all site plan concept sketches
- Assist in design development of site plans, building elevations and traffic improvements
- Conduct 80% plan reviews of engineer’s municipal site plan submissions with Director of Store Engineering
- Assist in defining strategies for securing all development approvals
- Participate in mock trials to help improve presentation skills of all team members
- Attend public hearings on request to provide support presentations
- Work with Real Estate Manager in managing bonds, fees, and escrow payments
- Work with Real Estate Manager in maintaining accurate Deal Sheet and department project files.
- Manage all efforts to secure Resolution Compliance, including coordination and assistance for outside consultants on all comment letters from reviewing authorities
- Assist Construction Department in periodic development budget updates
- Attend monthly Real Estate and Construction meetings
- Attend Pre-Construction meetings to represent deal requirements and conditions of all approvals to the construction team
- Prepare Operating Restriction Exhibits for all stores
- Support all internal customers with requests for information or support
- Special projects for Senior Management
- Participate in Department and Corporation special activities
- 6-8 years of professional experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, planning, or real estate development firm.
- BS or higher degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or demonstrable technical knowledge in real estate development.
- Comparable experience in retail development
- Professional licensing a plus.
- Working knowledge of the New Jersey and/or New York land use law and land development processes.
- General knowledge of geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, traffic engineering, or construction a plus.
- MS Project, Project Mates, Power Point - desirable
- Excel & Word - required
- Team oriented, willing to support and assist all functions of the department
- Ability to handle a full range of project involvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Detail oriented, accurate and timely with all tasks.
- Ability to professionally interject opinions and recommendation in varied settings, with varied audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle adversarial interactions and negotiations in a professional manner
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed